Friday, August 23, 2013

Falling Back into the Grind

 
It's been a busy week for us here at casa Greer. My oldest son has started second grade and, because my husband is a teacher, he has also returned to school as of Monday. You would think, this being my 7th year staying home with my children that I'd be an old pro. Even the most adept of us, however, can get our schedules out of whack when those big, yellow buses start barreling down the road again.

While I am always sad to see my two oldest gents leave the homestead for the bulk of the day, I look forward to the more gentle rhythms of a house with fewer people in it. I also home school my littlest two--using work books and the outside world as our classroom.

Yesterday was also a big chore day--sheet changing and bathroom scrubbing. As unpleasant as those two actions can be, I always enjoy hanging out the linens. There's just something peaceful and fulfilling about hanging laundry and seeing your clean fabric playing in the breeze.

Mr. Binky dries in the sun

The autumn season's approach usually brings more art orders as well, and that's always a good thing. My yard can provide such wonderful inspiration for future paintings....



 

2 comments:

  1. Yep, I, too, enjoy hanging my laundry out on the line. When Jess was a baby, I even liked hanging up the cloth dipes. Keep up the great work on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Brad alerted us to your blog -- excellent pics and already a lot to consider... The kids are growing up so fast. Y'all's house is beautiful! God's blessings on your endeavors. Be sure and give us an update on the bee-keeping.

    ReplyDelete